Wednesday 14 August 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #32

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.



Okay- I'm always a sucker for apocalyptic, end-of-the-world type survival stories anyway, but I also love this cover of a girl emerging from a bunker into a grey world. And it sounds really cool too, check it out...




P.O.Ds  by Michelle Pickett
Goodreads

Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it's in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it's a balm for the broken soul. 

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That's the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters. 

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.


What do you think- looks good right? Has anybody read it already?

5 comments:

  1. I have seen this book around a lot lately and it looks quite good. I hope you get it soon and enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really curious about this one. I have it as an ebook, but have yet to read it. Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I am a day late! I have seen this book everywhere recently. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep flipping back and forth over whether I'm interested in this one or not. Like it sounds good, but then I'm not sure!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for anything dystopian/apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic/well, you get the idea - too! And this does sound really cool! Hope you get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva