Wednesday 17 October 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #4

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.


I first heard about this several months ago, and I'm definitely intrigued by it. It's an apocalyptic story about a group of kids who are trapped in a superstore to weather out what seems to be the end of the world. 
At the moment it's only published in the US, but it is due to come to the UK April 2013. 



Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne

Your mother hollers that you’re going to miss the bus. She can see it coming down the street. You don’t stop and hug her and tell her you love her. You don’t thank her for being a good, kind, patient mother. Of course not—you launch yourself down the stairs and make a run for the corner.

Only, if it’s the last time you’ll ever see your mother, you sort of start to wish you’d stopped and did those things. Maybe even missed the bus.

But the bus was barreling down our street, so I ran.

Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong. 

In Emmy Laybourne’s action-packed debut novel, six high school kids (some popular, some not), two eighth graders (one a tech genius), and six little kids trapped together in a chain superstore build a refuge for themselves inside. While outside, a series of escalating disasters, beginning with a monster hailstorm and ending with a chemical weapons spill, seems to be tearing the world—as they know it—apart.

Has anybody read it already? What did you think?
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I've heard of this book...not sure when and how but it definitely rings a bell. It sounds really interesting and it would be great to read just to see how the kids survive after reading that blurb! Talk about dramatic!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-13_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I also want this one. It's on my endless TBR pile, waiting to be picked up asap :D

    My WW
    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blurb made my heart race! I haven't heard anything about it yet...hmm...thanks for posting it!

    Jenna
    My WW: http://foolscapfools.blogspot.com/ (if you care to say hello:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Did you finish A Million Suns yet? (Noticed it up in your Currently Reading section)I liked the first book a lot and was thinking of buying this one..?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I will check this out! It kind of reminded me of Trapped but they're high school kids stuck in their school because of a blizzard..
    Here's mine: https://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/2012/10/17/wishlist-wednesday-2-beta/#comments

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds like a seriously bad day. Sounds crazy interesting!
    Here's mine: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-19.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read it. I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads (so, meh), but I hope you enjoy it. :)

    My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bad day for them, haha. Not my cup of tea since I heard not-so-great things about it, but I hope you get to read it :)

    My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva