Sunday 19 August 2012

Sunday Showcase 19th August 2012

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted every Sunday by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This is a chance for all us book bloggers to showcase our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.
It's a great way to see what new books are coming out, which books people are most excited for, and a great way for me to find new books to pine after, to find new blogs to follow, and new bloggers to squee over books with! 



I got so many amazing books this week- I am a lucky girl!



Bought: Noughts and Crosses and Knife Edge by Malorie Blackman. This is one of my favourite ever series and these two books are only £3.50 at Tesco at the moment. But I love owning copies of my favourite books, usually I borrow everything from the library first.



From the library:  Tricked by Kevin Hearne, book 4 in the Druid Chronicles series. I've listened to the others in the series on audiobook, so it's disappointing that this one isn't available as an audiobook.





On Audiobook: Yeah, I went a bit mad and bought a bunch of new Audible credits. I got Wake by Amanda Hocking, Feed by Mira Grant, Aftertime by Sophie Littlefield, Belles by Jen Calonita, and Revived by Cat Patrick.



For review: I got an advance proof copy of Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner, a love story set 200 years in the future. Thanks Piccadilly Press!
This is due to be published in September.








Borrowed: On loan to me from the lovely Jodie at Books For Company Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. This is one that I had been dying to read. Thanks Jodie!









Prize win: I won a paperback copy of Touch by Jus Accardo from the lovely Carmel at Rabid Reads. I have heard so many great things about this book and can't wait to read it. Thanks Carmel!








Phew! That was all the books I got this week. What books did you get to read?
Happy reading!


8 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read Article 5! Can't wait to hear what you think. :) Great haul Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week! I've read and loved Aftertime and Feed - both zombie books but very different types. I would love to read ARticle 5 as well - can't wait to hear what you think! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! Quite a few there I want to get my hands on and read too. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I really want to read Article 5 as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I picked up Feed this week as well! I've heard so many amazing things about it, so I hope it's good! Happy Reading! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished Article 5! I really enjoyed it! Hopefully you do too :)

    MY SS:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/08/showcase-sunday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Haul! Is that the UK cover for Revived? It's so much more beautiful than ours(the purple US version)-I think I'm going to hunt that one down! I am also dying to read Article #5-I hope you enjoy! Thanks for sharing your haul.


    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wake <3 Feed and Revived, great! Happy reading ^^

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva