Thursday 17 May 2012

From The Review Pile #1

From The Review Pile is a weekly meme hosted by Stepping Out Of The Page, where bloggers and reviewers can showcase all those books received for review that we want to read, but haven't managed to get around to reading yet.

This is one that I requested from Netgalley back around September time (Thanks Egmont!). It has not yet been published in the UK (that I can find), but was published in the US back in December. I love the sound of it, it sounds so sinister, and emotional, and it looks fairly short as well (so I have no excuse really!)
I will read this book at some point- I am determined! I just have waaaayyy too many books to read right now...



 You Are My Only by Beth Kephart


Goodreads
Emmy Rane is married at nineteen, a mother by twenty. Trapped in a life with a husband she no longer loves, Baby is her only joy. Then one sunny day in September, Emmy takes a few fateful steps away from her baby and returns to find her missing. All that is left behind is a yellow sock.

Fourteen years later, Sophie, a homeschooled, reclusive teenage girl is forced to move frequently and abruptly from place to place, perpetually running from what her mother calls the "No Good." One afternoon, Sophie breaks the rules, ventures out, and meets Joey and his two aunts. It is this loving family that gives Sophie the courage to look into her past. What she discovers changes her world forever. . . .

The riveting stories of Emmy and Sophie—alternating narratives of loss, imprisonment, and freedom regained—escalate with breathless suspense toward an unforgettable climax.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the sound of this one too! Love the cover and the description - I hope it does get published here in the UK so I can get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds like it would be sad but also very good! I hope you like it when you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva