Friday 23 March 2012

Unblogged Favourites, Part two

Recently when I was making my Review Archive I realised that there are so many of my absolute favourite books that I've never talked about on the blog before, because I read them long before I started blogging. I still love and re-read these books and recommend them to all my friends and family. I want people to know about these books because they are amazing, and will always have a permanent place on my bookshelf and in my heart. So, for the next few weeks I'm going to feature some of these previously unblogged favourites.


Poison Study series by Maria V. Snyder


My Rating: 5 of 5 stars

Poison Study is one of my favourite books of all time. These are the kind of books that you lose yourself in, and you don't even notice the pages turning and time slipping by. This is a fantasy adventure story with real heart and soul to it- with real characters, lifelong friendships, bad guys, and plenty of romance! I love these books and can't recommend them highly enough. Yelena is the best kind of MC- smart, feisty, determined and kick-ass! The plot is fast moving, full of action and drama, and unexpected twists and turns, but also humour and love. I have re-read Poison Study so many times- love it!
These are the UK covers.


A Great and Terrible Beauty series by Libba Bray



My Rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this back in 2008, and loved it. Set in a boarding school in Victorian England, with trips to India, magic, and alternate realms, this was sweet, strange and romantic. I have some issues with the ending- but overall I liked it.

And finally... yes.... I have to admit it-

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


My Rating: 5 of 5 stars

After I finished reading A Great Terrible Beauty I went looking for something similar to read and Amazon recommended Twilight. I think this was my first step into getting completely hooked on YA fiction. I know they're not the most amazing books in the world, and a lot of people have a lot of complaints about these books, but I know that I was completely hooked while reading these- always late because I had to read just another chapter. Again, I have read and re-read my favourite parts of these books again and again. Loud and proud, I'm a fan of Twilight (although Team Jacob!)

More of my unblogged favourites next week!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these..this is such a great idea and i think i saw a simliar meme..i look forward to reading more about your books from the past

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the study series as well - Maria's writing is just so captivating!! This is a great idea to share pre-blogging favourites. I confess I've not heard much of The Great and Terrible Beauty series but I might have to investigate them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of those series' too. Though with Synder, I actually prefer her Inside Out and Outside In set to the Study trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva