Sunday 12 June 2011

In My Mailbox 12th June 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.

Wow- I got so many great books this week. I'm so excited about all of them and I honestly don't know which one to read first!

Bought:


  • Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles. I still haven't got round to reading the first book Perfect Chemistry yet, but I have a feeling that I'm going to love it, so when I saw this on offer I couldn't resist.
  • Blood Red Road by Moira Young. I have read so many good reviews on this book that it kind of skipped the queue on my wishlist! This is about a girl and her family living in a barren desert. The girl leaves on a mission to rescue her kidnapped brother, and falls in love. This is the US hardback of the book. I thought the UK cover was really ugly (and I'm picky!)
  • Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade. I've had this on pre-order for ages- since I first heard that there was going to be a sequel! I loved the first book The Ghost and the Goth and I've heard that this is just as funny and touching, so I can't wait to read it.
From the Library:














  • Divergent by Veronica Roth. Again, I've heard so many great things about this book, and I never would've looked at it twice without so many awesome reviews from bloggers. I can't wait to read it now! This is set in a dystopian society.
  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. I've wanted to read this since it first came out- now I have it! This is a supernatural story about angels.
  • Wild by Aprilynne Pike. Book 3 in the 'Wings' series (this was published under the title Illusions in the US and other parts of the world). Continuation of the story of Laurel, David and Tamani. I know it's controversial but I am Team David on this one! This book is very VERY pink- seriously, the picture does not do it justice!
  • Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. A zombie romance- seriously! Yep, zombies taking a break from eating brains to fall in love. I want to read this! I heard rumours of a film of this in the pipeline (is this true, can anyone verify?) and I've wanted to read this for a long time, but when I heard said rumour, I had to reserve it. I need to read it before the film comes out!
For Review:


  • She Smells the Dead by E.J Stevens. This looks like a spooky supernatural read about a girl whose "psychic awareness of ghostly spirits is threatening to ruin her life" (Goodreads)
  • Spirit Storm by E.J Stevens. Sequel to She Smells the Dead. Both these books received with thanks from the author.


Those were the books I got this week. What did you get?
Happy reading!

11 comments:

  1. Sally your library rocks :D
    Queen of the Dead YAY - I am still trying to get my hands on Ghost and the Goth :D
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the US cover of Blood red Road as well. Some great books for you this week!

    I bought Divergent on other bloggers recommendations but haven't read it yet! If only there was more time in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you have so many there Sally that I want to read! I'm definitely putting the two E.J. Stevens ones on my wish list. They look fab! Loving the cover of Spirit Storm!

    I've heard such good things about Warm Bodies. I have it on my Kindle and I'm hoping to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divergent is excellent, hope you like it as much as I did!

    Really jealous of Blood Red Road, I would love to read that soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great book week!
    I want to read EJ Stevens books!
    LOVED Unearthly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week. I really need to read The Ghost and the Goth I have it in my stacks somewhere.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blood Red Road is SO GOOD. And I love that cover of Unearthly! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep thinking about Blood Red Road but haven't purchased it yet. I love Aprilynne Pike's series. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Divergent and Blood Red Road... you'll definitely fall in love with those two novels!! And whoa, the Unearthly cover is so different than our North American one... Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books! Especially Queen of the Dead which is one l keep meaning to pick up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva