Monday 2 May 2011

Review: The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1)The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really loved everything about The Body Finder, the characters, the writing and the story, and it had me riveted right from the beginning.


The whole plot of this book is based around Violet's ability to sense echoes of the dead- either a sound like bells, a scent, or lights (each echo is unique) and this echo is also imprinted on the murderer of that victim. For most of Violet's life this has only been from dead animals that her cat brings to her, but when a serial killer starts preying on local girls, Violet's abilities to track the body (and the killer), are suddenly very useful- and dangerous to her. The story is told mostly focusing on Violet, but with some chapters eerily showing you the murderers perspective (I had chills, it was so creepy!)


Early on in the story I thought that I had already cleverly worked out who the murderer was from a few clues in what he says, but it didn't stop me from wondering every single time a new male character was introduced "oh, maybe he's the murderer!" I loved the build-up and the slow reveal, and the whole drama/mystery of it. (And I'm glad I got it completely wrong). The tension builds up nearer the end as you get to the reveal and the explosive ending, heart in mouth. It is also a love story *yay!* with Violet having a massive crush on her very sweet childhood best friend Jay. This story is so well-paced and well described with a really unique concept and great characters- a win!




View all my reviews

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva